Church Chief Security Officer - Detroit Metro - Triumph Church
Job Purpose: To supervise, plan, organize and coordinate security staff to ensure the safety for people and property of Triumph Church.
• Oversee the continuous monitoring and protection of facilities, personnel and information systems. Evaluate suspected security breaches and recommend corrective actions.
• Serve as a general security presence and visible deterrent to crime and rule of infractions.
• Detect suspicious activities
• Watch for criminal acts or rule infractions at or near given post which may be a threat to the facility, clients, members, or employees.
• Supervise the activities of security team.
• Develop, present, and implement approved policies, standards and guidelines related to church security to direct report.
• Serve as the church focal point for security incident response planning and execution.
• Assist in the development of appropriate criteria needed to assess the level of new/existing technology infrastructure elements for compliance with church security standards.
• Arrange security team work schedules in order to maintain order as well as protect the staff, people and property of Triumph Church.
• Evaluate changes to church environment for security impact and present findings to direct report.
• Observe workers in performance of duties to evaluate efficiency and to detect and correct inefficient work practices.
• Conducts investigations and prepares detailed reports concerning matters investigated.
• Expected to attend assigned staff meetings, give and receive information; participate in problem solving; provide recommendations for policy changes and program development to direct report.
• Consistently working to meet the mission and core values of Triumph Church with enthusiasm and a spirit of cooperation.
• Responsible for performing any other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree required and/or related 5-10 years of working experience.
· In-depth knowledge of security operations, policies, and procedures
· Law enforcement, corporate security, military, or government agencyexperience preferred
· Some Tactical Training
· Demonstrated ability to develop and implement information security policies, procedures, standards, and practices.
· Implementation experience with security technologies and architecture, including encryption, network security, firewall configuration, intrusion detection, data loss prevention and application security.
· Professional demeanor and appearance
· Basic Word, Excel and PowerPoint